This delicious Smothered Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe from Dr. Karen Lee’s new Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot Cookbook is amazing! If you’re looking for keto pork chops that will melt in your mouth and are also easy to make, make sure to try this recipe. Make sure you read to the end of the post and enter a giveaway for the cookbook as well!!
This recipe was reprinted with permission from Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot by Karen S. Lee, Page Street Publishing Co. 2018.
Instant Pot Pork Chops
Dr. Karen really hit it out of the park with this smothered pork chop recipe! Not only is it very easy to make, but it’s a huge hit at my house. Featuring ingredients including heavy cream, white wine, and mushrooms, these keto pork chops will be a hit at your house too.
Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot Cookbook by Dr. Karen S. Lee
Before we get to the recipe, I need to tell you about this (this post contains affiliate links which means I earn a commission on your order) amazing cookbook. We don’t really subscribe to any particular diet other than trying to eat real food from scratch as much as possible, but I am very intrigued by the Keto diet.
I love that Lee’s recipes focus on from-scratch ingredients. You won’t find anything packaged or processed in her cookbook, and all the recipes look very delicious. Her collection of 75 low-carb, real food, wholesome recipes to make in your Instant Pot is just what you need to get a delicious dinner on the table in a hurry.
A little about Karen Lee – she is a retired chiropractor, cookbook author, and food blogger with an emphasis on holistic health and real food recipes to help working moms with busy families. Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot is her second cookbook. She also wrote Paleo Cooking with Your Air Fryer: 80+ Recipes for Healthier Fried Food in Less Time. You can buy both books on Amazon, or enter to win a copy of Keto Cooking with Your Instant Pot at the end of this post!
All righty, are you ready for the smothered pork chops recipe?
Keto Smothered Instant Pot Pork Chops
One of the many reasons I love my Instant Pot is that it makes this a one dish meal, and that means clean up is a snap. To make this recipe, simply prepare everything right in the IP! From saute to cooking, everything happens right in the Instant Pot.
To make this recipe, you’ll saute bacon in your Instant Pot, then sear the pork chops and cook the onions and mushrooms right in the bacon grease. I’m a big fan of cooking with bacon grease and use it for all sorts of things. It’s really useful in this recipe too.
After the pork chops are seared and the veggies are soft, just put the pork chops back in and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes. The last step is making the sauce, and that is easy as can be too.
Once that’s done, you have a lovely low-carb, keto friendly meal your family will really love. Here’s the printer friendly recipe!
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 - 6 oz boneless pork loin chops
- 2 strips uncured bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, more as needed
- 1/2 medium onion
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup full-fat heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs tapioca powder, more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped, reserve 1 tbs for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle both siders of the pork chops with the garlic powder mixture and set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing "Saute" and set to "More." Insert the inner pot and wait until the panel says "Hot." Add the bacon and saute for 3 minutes, then add the pork chops, two at a time, and brown both sides for 2 minutes per side. Add butter at this point if needed. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until the onion is soft. Add the white wine and stir and scrape the bottom for 1 minute. Place the pork chops on top of the onion and mushrooms.
- Close the lid tightly and move the steam release handle to "Sealing." Press "Cancel," then the "Pressure Cooker / Manual" button and set the timer for 20 minutes on High Pressure. When the timer ends, you will hear a beeping sound. Allow the Instant Pot to cool down naturally until the flat valve drops down. Press "Cancel" and open the lid. Place the pork chops on plates to be served and let rest.
- Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients in the inner pot except 1 tablespoon of parsley and stir for 2 minutes until it thickens. Add more tapioca flour if needed, depending on how much liquid was produced from the meat and vegetables cooking. Top the pork chops with the mushroom gravy and garnish with parsley before serving.
Nutrition information: Per serving: 343 calories, 21 g fat, 23 g protein, 12 g total carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber
Win a Copy of Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot Cookbook
Want to win a signed coy of this awesome cookbook? Enter the Rafflectoper Giveaway form below. Giveaway is open to US residents 18 years of age only. SimplifyLiveLove is not responsible for shipping. Winner will have 48 hours to provide a mailing address or a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you liked these keto pork chops, you might like these keto friendly recipes too:
Salmon Street Tacos (use keto friendly tortillas)
Better than Take out Beef w/ Broccoli (replace honey with SWERVE to make this recipe low-carb and omit rice)
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (replace honey with SWERVE to make this recipe low-carb and omit rice)