This post is sponsored by Blue Bunny. All opinions are mine.
Want happy kids? Serve ice cream for breakfast!! I wouldn’t normally do something so crazy, but yesterday, we decided to celebrate the end of summer with something a little outside the box. Summer’s not over yet, and we’re still having some wonderfully warm days here in Eastern Iowa. We turned breakfast into a delicious homeschool challenge – how to make the perfect ice cream cone. Each of my four kids had a different answer, but they all loved their cone the best!
How to Make the Perfect Ice Cream Cone #FinalConeDown
Start with great ice cream. Blue Bunny is a local Iowa company and one of these days, we want to tour their ice cream factory in Le Mars! We had a hard time agreeing on only three varieties, but we ended up with a good mix of premium ice cream, classic ice cream, and also frozen yogurt!
After you’ve agreed on the ice cream comes the fun part – creating! Each of us made our perfect ice cream cones a little differently. My personal favorite: drizzle hot fudge in the cone, add in fresh raspberries and whipped cream, then start layering ice cream and more hot fudge. Top with more fresh berries.
My oldest child prefers to nibble on her cone and then refill. 😀
And my son prefers to mix his on the slab, in the style of a certain ice cream parlor…
Regardless of technique, we all loved ice cream for breakfast! I highly recommend trying this one day, just to see the expression on your kids’ faces when you tell them ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST!
Enter Blue Bunny’s #FinalConeDown Contest
Of course, there’s more to tell you about in this post than simply recommending ice cream for breakfast! How about a couple of giveaways?
- Golf Package (4 prize packs!): includes a Golf Bag, a Towel, an Umbrella, a Koozie, an Ogio ¼ Zip Fleece, a Jawbone Big Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Graphite Hex, and a Hat) (Total ARV for Premium Package 1: $442).
- Computer Package (4 prize packs!): includes a second generation mini tablet computer with Retina Display (16GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver), a Backpack and Jawbone Big Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Graphite Hex (Total ARV for Premium Package 2: $1032.
- Entertainment Package (4 prize packs!): includes a Samsung 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model), a Backpack and a Jawbone Big Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Graphite Hex (ARV for Premium Package 3: $1,701).
- Back to School Package (4 prize packs!): includes an Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (128 GB), Mouse and Keyboard, a Backpack and a $100 Amazon Gift Card (ARV for Premium Package 4: $517).
- There are also 45 awesome runner up prizes as well!
For full contest rules, head over to the #FinalConeDown website. The prizes are pretty awesome, y’all!!
Blue Bunny Giveaway for 5 Free Product Coupons!
I’ve also got 5 coupons for free BLUE BUNNY products for one lucky winner. To enter, simply comment on this post and let me know your idea of the perfect ice cream cone! What flavor ice cream would you choose, and what would you mix in?
Your turn! To be entered in the giveaway for 5 coupons for free Blue Bunny, tell me what type of ice cream and mix-ins you would include in your perfect ice cream cone!
Giveaway ends at midnight on September 23. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to provide me with a mailing address or a new winner will be chosen. SimplifyLiveLove is not responsible for shipping this prize.SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.