These Instant Pot Pulled Pork Asian Rice Bowls are a quick and easy way to serve a nutritious and filling meal on busy week nights. Simply make the pulled pork ahead of time in an electric pressure cooker, and serve with rice, shredded slaw mix, chopped peanuts, and cilantro. Your family will love this quick and flavorful meal!
*This post is sponsored by Ken’s Dressings. All opinions are mine.*
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Asian Rice Bowls
In a third installment of my sponsorship with Ken’s Dressing, I’m sharing another flavorful yet quick meal. Missed the first two recipes? Check out how easy it is to make delicious Muffuletta Sandwiches and Beef Shish Kabob Greek Pitas. One thing we really love about Ken’s Dressings are their versatility. We used the Garlic & Basil Vinaigrette to make the Muffuletta and the Greek Vinaigrette to make the pitas. Today, we’re using Ken’s Simply Asian Vinaigrette to make a flavorful Pulled Pork Asian Rice Bowls.
This Asian rice bowl features Instant Pot pulled pork, Jasmine rice, pre-cut slaw mix, chopped peanuts, and fresh cilantro for a winning combination. The ginger, sesame, and soy sauce flavors in Ken’s Simply Asian Vinaigrette pull all of the Asian flavors together nicely and are a real winner with my children.
What I love most about this recipe is how little effort it take to make. Pulled pork is so simple when you make it in the Instant Pot! And, if you make the rice and the pork ahead of time, this meal is a snap to get on the table. Here’s how to make these Pulled Pork Asian Rice Bowls in a jiffy!
Let’s make the Pulled Pork Asian Rice Bowls
It’s very easy to make pulled pork in an Instant Pot. Simply combine a pork roast, chicken broth, and salt and pepper in a 6 qt or larger instant pot. Cook on high manual for 45 minutes. Naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes and manually release the remaining pressure. The pork will fall apart with no effort at all.
Simply shred the pork with a fork, then transport to a large bowl. Add the pre-chopped slaw mix and Ken’s Simply Asian Vinaigrette. Combine well, then serve with Jasmine rice, chopped peanuts and cilantro. The fresh ginger, sesame, and soy flavors from the Asian dressing will transport you to Thailand. By the way, if you haven’t been to Thailand, you should go. Highly recommend!
The other great thing about this recipe is that it makes nice leftovers. I was a little worried about reheating the left-over meat and slaw mix. But it works fine to reheat! The cabbage is not ruined at all, in my opinion. After reheating, I do recommend refreshing the Asian flavors with a little more Ken’s Simply Asian Vinaigrette!
Yields 6-8 main dish servings
Serves 2-3 cups per person1629
A rice bowl made easy with shredded pork and Asian flavors. Makes a great meal and the leftovers are fabulous too!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 lb boneless pork loin or boneless pork shoulder/butt
- 1 tsp REAL salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Ken's Simply Asian Vinaigrette
- 3 cups Cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 bag pre-shredded cabbage and carrots
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Slice pork into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place pork in instant pot insert and top with minced garlic and chicken broth.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Once it's finished cooking, Let the Instant Pot naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick release for remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove pork to a large mixing bowl. The pork will be so tender that it may start to fall apart during the transfer, so beware. Shred using two forks and add Ken's Simply Asian Vinaigrette Dressing and shredded cabbage and carrots.
- To serve:
- Add rice and meat / slaw mixture in a bowl. Top with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts to taste. If desired, add a splash more of Ken's Simply Asian Vinaigrette Dressing . Enjoy!
Use an Instant Pot to make this recipe super simple.
If you like this easy recipe, you’ll like these too: