Easy one dish meal started on the stove-top and finished in the oven.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2-3 Tbs bacon grease or high heat oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes, cut into wedges. My favorite are Yukon Gold, but you can use whatever you want. Peel or not peel - that's up to you. We prefer peeled potatoes.
- 6 - 8 bratwurst
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Heat up bacon grease or grapeseed oil over medium heat
- Add garlic and onion and saute until fragrant - about 3-5 minutes. Remove garlic and onion from skillet.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add more bacon grease if necessary, then add the potato slices.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then, uncover, flip the potatoes, cover back up and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Use the longer cooking time if you like your potatoes a little burned and crispy like I do, or the shorter time if you prefer them not to get a little burned.
- Turn off the heat. Put the garlic and onions back on the potatoes and give it all a good stir.
- Top with bratwurst and place in the oven to bake about 30-40 minutes.
- Flip the brats about halfway through cooking time and also stir the potatoes.
- Serve with condiments and enjoy!
Serve it up with a tossed salad and a nice green veg and enjoy! I know I’m odd because I prefer wine with my brats, but you should enjoy a nice beer with this meal. 😉