There are some more great price-matching deals this week! Yesterday I stocked up on pork roast and bone-in chicken breast at Fareway. It looks like I’ll be getting more meat for my freezer this week! Yay!!
I highly recommend price-matching. I have gotten away from using a ton of coupons, but I still keep my grocery budget very low, primarily from price-matching and stocking up on items when they’re cheapest. My price-point list is here. When I find items I need at their lowest price, I buy enough to get me through to the next 12 week low on the grocery price cycle.
In Eastern Iowa, there two options for price-matching – Fareway and Walmart. In my expereince, Walmart is easier to deal with. Just make your list and tell the cashier at check-out. Most times, they don’t verify the price and you don’t even have to take in the ads, as they have them there. I have found when I have ads in hand, though, I get fewer questions.
Fareway is another great place to price match and I buy almost all of my chicken and pork there because I feel their meat is higher quality (fewer additives, no gas packing). Plus, they will cut and wrap the meat to whatever size I specify. They will not, though, price match produce to the Aldi ad. And they ALWAYS want me to have the ad in hand.
Without further ado, here are the best deals I see this week in Eastern Iowa:
Wholesale Food Outlet ~
- Generic butter – 1.99 / lb (Fri & Sat only)
- Pineapples – .99 ea
- Large pumpkins – 2.49 ea
- Honeycrisp Apples – $1 / lb
- Eggs – .99 / dozen
- Chicken Leg Quarters – 5.90 / 10 lb bag (I’m watching this as it will probably be down around $3.90 in a few weeks).
- Pork Steaks – 1.49 / lb
- There is also an in ad coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase! Make sure you clip that if you go to Fareway!!
- Whole Chickens – .59 / lb Great price! I will buy a few of these at Fareway… (3 day sale – Thurs – Sat)
- HyVee Milk – .99 / 1/2 gallon (Fareway will match this, but you must have the coupon from the HyVee ad)
- Generic Flour – .99 / 5 lbs GREAT PRICE!
- White Onions – .59 / lb
What good deals do you see in your area? Do you have a price-point list and do you price-match?