An Oregon Cottage: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
Frugal Family Home: Facebook | Pinterest |Instagram |Twitter | Google+
Simplify Live Love: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter | Google+
Creative Country Mom: Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter| Google+
Tuesday Garden Party – Garden Inspiration for 8/26/14
From your host for this week, Michelle @ SimplifyLiveLove
My garden actually looks terrible after weeks of dry weather and I haven’t been doing much in it. I should have been watering, but didn’t. Now that we’ve got heat indices back in the 100s – right in time for the beginning of the school year – we finally got much needed rain. I’m hopeful that that with the heat and the water, my garden will back in business and I will gather enough tomatoes to make the most awesome Roasted Tomato Sauce ever!
If my own tomatoes don’t do much, I’m taking comfort in the fact that I’m heading down to Missouri later this week and will can up my dad’s surplus tomatoes. He got all the rain we did not and his tomatoes look absolutely amazing this year. I’ve got tons and tons of green tomatoes in my garden – just need them to turn red now. Since my garden is nice and moist again, I really, really need to get out there and weed, finally! I haven’t weeded in soooo long.
Weeding and drying herbs will keep me busy early next week and canning my dad’s tomatoes will keep me busy later on. What will be your garden tasks for the week?
…..On to this week’s lovely features…..
1. The Potential Of A Broken Rocking Chair – by My Creative Days – I love this DIY flower planter and would love to see how it looks now after a few months of growth!
2. Dallying in the Dahlia Garden – by Garden Grumbles and Cross Stich Fumbles – I planted dahlias in my own garden for the first time this year and am stunned by the varieties pictured in this beautiful post!
3. Garden Bloggers Bloom Day – by A Student Gardener – if you like flowers, check out the gorgeous beds in this post. The colors are beautiful!
4. A Garden Birthday Party – by Pondside – Wow! What a perfect setting for a first birthday party. I adore these pictures.
5. The Bug Detour – by GardenUpGreen – I often grumble about the harmful bugs in my garden. I love this post about beneficial insects!! It’s a refreshing change.
- Link anything garden related: what’s growing/blooming, tips, ideas, progress, harvests, recipes using the harvests, preserving tips and recipes – even garden decor (but, please no other decor links – lets keep to the theme). Links will be open from 5:30am (PST) Tuesday through 11pm Thursday of each week.
- Please link directly to your blog post URL, not your blog homepage URL. Please do not link Etsy stores, giveaways, or other link parties.
- By linking up to the Tuesday Garden Party you are giving the five blogs,listed above, permission to feature your project and/or photos on our social media outlets and blogs.
- If you wish to be featured, please include the Tuesday Garden Party button or a text link in your linked post (feel free to use the button found on the host’s blogs).
[inlinkz_linkup id=438983 mode=1]