We are lucky to live in an area where we take clean water for granted, but sadly, a lot of people around the world don’t. On Saturday, May 6, World Vision will sponsor the Global 6K for clean water! This is great opportunity for your family to get active and help support the global water crisis.
Photo credit: My blogging BFF, Nicky, from LittleFamilyAdventure took this picture. Isn’t it pretty? Also, you should know that this post is sponsored by World Vision, but the opinions here are all mine.
Your Help Family Can Help the Global Water Crisis
Did you know there is a global water crisis? According to the United Nations, 783 MILLION people do NOT have access to clean water and 2.5 BILLION people don’t have access to adequate sanitation. Clean water is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. We are lucky to live in a first world country, and have pretty easy access to safe water. But, if you follow my blog, you know that our water is so polluted from ag run-off that we can’t drink it without massive amounts of filtering.
But even though we have to jump few a few annoying hoops to get clean water, it’s still not as bad as the challenges other people around the world face. I can’t even imagine living in an area where I have to walk 6 km to find water. That’s why I’m happy to share information with you about World Vision’s Global 6K for water. I hope you can find it in your heart to support clean water. There are lots of ways you can help.
World Vision’s Global 6K for Water
- Become a Global 6K Host Site: Register your community group as a host site (it’s free!) and gather a group to walk. World Vision will supply the marketing materials, race day signage and staff support for a successful race day no matter how big or small your! If you can’t become a host site, considering running or walking with other Global 6K for Water participants at a host site near you.
- Start a Global 6K Virtual Team: If you’re not part of a community group, it’s still possible to gather a virtual team! You can walk outside or even on treadmill and still support the global clean water effort!
Even if you can’t participate in the walk, you can still help!
- Turn Coffee into Clean Water: Give up one drink or coffee a week and collect the money for a donation to support World Vision’s water programs.. Even small amounts of money can make a big difference for families around the world, and you might be surprised how much you can collect simply by saving a coins or a few dollars a week.
- Change a Life Through Child Sponsorship: My parents sponsored a child all through my childhood. I remember the pictures we used to get and enjoyed knowing that we were helping kids somewhere have been access to medical care and education. You can help by sponsoring a child too, if you are so inclined.
- Become a Part of Team World Vision: The Global 6K for Water is an example of only one event organized by Team World Vision. They many other active events to help children access clean water. Join Team World Vision for support in reaching your own fitness goals while helping others around the world.
Why support clean water through World Vision?
In 2015, World Vision provided access to clean water to 2.3 million people, and the organization’s goal is to provide clean water and sanitation to one new person every 10 seconds by 2020. With your help, World Vision believes we can solve the global water and sanitation crisis within our lifetime. Join World Vision and be proud of the fact that you will help a new person access clean water every 30 seconds!!
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Thanks for your support! <3