One way I stick to my minuscule grocery budget is to try to use up all leftovers. I prefer to re-purpose them into something new, whenever I can, instead of eating the same thing over and over (even though we are on a new, very repetitive menu plan this month…). (Alternatively, I will freeze leftovers so that we don’t have to eat them day after day.) Last week, in an attempt to use leftovers, I came up with this yummy pasta!
I cannot for the life of me come up with a creative name for this delicious dish I concocted with pasta and leftovers last week. HELP! 🙂
Here’s what I did:
- Cooked pasta per box directions.
- Sauteed in olive oil, garlic and green onions (cut in large pieces so my picky kids could easily pick them out). Added leftover, cooked shredded pork (I probably had 3/4 cup) to the pan to heat up.
- Added the cooked pasta to the frying pan along with 1-2 TBS butter.
- Added probably 3/4 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and cooked until it melted.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper and fresh tomatoes.
The result? A scrumptious, light, and subtle pasta that we all enjoyed! (And it cleaned out my fridge of some pesky leftovers and veggies that needed to be eaten.)
A win-win recipe! Now, what should I name it? And, how do you make sure you eat your leftovers?
I’m linking this up with Learning the Frugal Life’s Frugal Tuesday Tip! You can read more great tips here.