If you’re hosting a family-friendly New Year’s Eve party, you’re in the right spot. These fun New Year’s Eve Games for Family Parties keep my kids entertained and occupied. Enjoy this round-up of fun ways to celebrate the New Year with your family!
Our Family Traditions for NYE
What are some of your favorite ways to ring in a new year? We have a lot of traditions that we look forward to each year. Whether we’re with friends and family or just on our own, here are a few of our family traditions:
- We love having fun with sparklers around outside
- The kids don’t always enjoy this, but we love a NYE raclette party – a stinky yet delicious melted cheese from the Alps that is traditionally eaten on New Year’s Eve all throughout Europe, but especially in Germany.
- In the German tradition, we watch the completely inappropriate British one-act play called Dinner for One. Originally recorded in 1963, the story features two British comedians who re-enact the birthday celebration of Miss Sophie. In this play, she turns 90 and all of her friends have died, but the play is so funny that I cry every time we watch it. I think my kids know it by heart, we have watched it so many times.
- Of course, we have to watch the ball drop in Time’s Square, too.
- Toasting with sparkling grape juice is totally necessary.
- Big muah kisses are a must. <3
If you’re looking for a few more ideas for fun things to do with your family on New Year’s Eve, I hope you will enjoy this list of options we’ve put together for you!
Don’t Miss These New Year’s Eve Games for Family Parties
What are some of your favorite friendly New Year’s Eve activities?
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.