Happy 4th of July! We started the day off with red and blue pancakes – using the best buttermilk pancakes recipe ever! Fabulous, quick, and easy. Serve some today! Doesn’t have to be the 4th of July or even breakfast to enjoy this deliciousness.
Buttermilk pancakes recipe
I adapted this recipe from my BHG Prizewinning Recipes Cookbook. It’s one of my go-to cookbooks.
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 cups freshly ground hard white wheat & 1 1/2 cups all-purpose. Normally I use all hard white wheat, but I’m out of berries.)
- 4 TBS sugar (I use raw)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 6 TBS cooking oil
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened – batter should still be lumpy.
- Cook over a a lightly greased griddle on medium heat until pancakes are golden brown.
Happy 4th of July to you!! I hope you have a day filled with good food and fun family!