If you’re looking for a quick garlic beef recipe, here is one you will love. Made in the Instant Pot, this beef with garlic sauce and vegetables is delicious and heathy!
Instant Pot Beef with Garlic Sauce and Vegetables
This quick beef recipe tastes better than Chinese take-out, and doesn’t really take all that much longer to make if you do some prep work ahead of time. Head to the grocery story to get the ingredients, or if you garden, get on out there!
Serve this beef with garlic sauce over leftover rice, cauliflower rice if you need a keto friendly recipe, or just eat it as is. Keep this garlic beef recipe handy! It’s sure to be a favorite.
Do I have to make it in an Instant Pot?
Absolutely not! You’re actually not bringing anything to pressure in this recipe, so the Instant Pot isn’t necessary. It’s handy because you can make everything right in one pot without having to dirty your stove, but you can make this on the stove top too.
To make it on the stovetop, I recommend using a cast iron skillet. First you’ll cook the beef over high heat in avocado oil , and then cook the vegetables right in the same pan. Stir to combine and serve over rice of your choice.
Tips for making this beef with garlic sauce even quicker
You can cut down on prep time by doing a few things:
- If you have leftover rice, this is a great recipe to use it on! I often make extra rice for planned leftovers. It’s easy to reheat the rice in the microwave or stove-top, you will just want to add a bit of water to steam it warm.
- If you don’t want to chop the vegetables, most grocery stores sell pre-sliced vegetables. Just give the vegetables a good rinse in a colander, and dry them on towels before cooking.
- Another way to cut down on prep time is to ask the meat department to slice the steak for you when you buy it! You can also buy pre-sliced steak as well.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground garlic salt with parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 can baby corns - 12 to 15 ounces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced bok-choy
- 1 cup snow peas, or sugar snap peas
- 3 green onions - chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Press the Saute button on your Instant Pot, and add the avocado oil, and add the steak, and stir to coat steak in oil. Sprinkle steak with garlic salt and seasoned pepper, and continue to stir until steak is brown, and no longer pink, about 10 - 15 minutes.
When steak is cooked, remove from Instant Pot to a plate and cover to keep warm.
While the steak is cooking, cook rice, if desired, according to package instructions. Also, make the sauce. In a bowl, mix the sauce; water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and garlic, and stir to blend.
Leave the Saute setting on, and add the sesame oil. Then add the onion, red pepper, green pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, and bok-choy, and stir well to coat in oil. Saute until vegetables are tender. (about 5 or 6 minutes).
Add the baby corns, snow peas, and garlic, and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add the steak back into the Instant Pot, and stir to blend. Cook for 1 minute, and turn off Instant Pot. Turn off Instant Pot, and plate rice with steak and vegetables, and top with chopped green onion. Enjoy
Omit rice or serve with cauliflower rice if looking for a low-carb option.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1612mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g
If you liked this Garlic Beef recipe, you’ll like these recipes too
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.