I promised more zucchini recipes if my garden started producing, and what do you know? It has! So here’s a recipe for the enormous zucchini that gets away from you and is only good for bread! The same woman who traded corn for bread also gave me this recipe. It’s de-lish!
- 1/2 c. margarine – (I used butter since I don’t use margarine)
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 3/4 c. sugar – (I used a mix of refined and raw sugar – but now that I am out of refined sugar I will only use raw)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. sour milk – (I added 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice to a 1/2 c milk)
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 c. finely shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Cream margarine (butter), oil, and sugar. Add in and beat well, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
4. Stir in finely shredded zucchini – make sure you press all the water out of your zucchini before you add it.
5. Put the cake batter in the prepared 9×13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Enjoy! It’s absolutely delicious topped with strawberries. The strawberries in the picture are thawed berries from my parents’ garden. Not much beats them – except when they are fresh, of course!
Do you like zucchini? What’s your favorite way to eat it?
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.