This feature has been compensated by Weber BBQ Sauces. All opinions are 100% mine. #WeberBBQSauces
Summer is the perfect time to pull out the BBQ and grill up some fabulous food. Unfortunately, my husband is seriously busy this summer finishing our house and doesn’t have time to grill. I’m definitely not the grill master in this house, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy delicious BBQ. I pulled out my trusty crock pot the other day and made fabulous BBQ Pulled Chicken using newly reformulated Weber BBQ sauce – sauce that contains no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives – three very common ingredients in most store-bought BBQ sauce.
Since I’ve got an abundance of cabbage and carrots in my garden right now, I served this BBQ pulled chicken sandwich with homemade cole slaw piled right on the sandwich. And boy is it good! For this seriously easy recipe, keep reading.
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Cole Slaw Recipe
Making BBQ Pulled Chicken is so, so easy, you guys. Get out your slow cooker, add 4 or so pounds of chicken – I used bone-in breast because that’s what I had, and a cup of water, and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
After the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and let it cool for 10-15 minutes, until you’re able to handle it. Dump out the liquid in the slow cooker otherwise it will dilute the delicious BBQ sauce.
Shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker. Add a bottle of Weber BBQ Sauce. I used their new Applewood Brown Sugar variety which I think tastes sweet and tangy and is thick enough to cover the chicken well. Warm up the BBQ chicken in the slow cooker for 20-30 minutes.
Serve the BBQ pulled chicken on a bun topped with cole slaw (I highly recommend my no-mayo cole slaw recipe) and enjoy! For sure add the cole slaw. It adds such a wonderful flavor and crunch. What a great sandwich!! The best thing about this recipe, other than making it in the slow cooker, is that the pulled BBQ chicken will freeze very well and make for a quick supper one night when you’ve got a lot going on! I love dual purpose recipes so much!
- 4 - 5 lbs chicken. You can use a whole chicken or whatever cut of chicken you prefer. I used bone-in chicken breast.
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle Weber BBQ Sauce. I used Applewood Brown Sugar.
- Cook chicken and 1 cup water in a slow cooker, on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker until it's cool enough to handle (15 minutes or so). Drain and discard any liquid that may be left in the slow cooker.
- Shred the chicken either with your hands or with a knife and fork. Obviously discard any bones and skin. 🙂
- Put the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and add the Weber BBQ Sauce.
- Heat on warm for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on a bun and top with No Mayo Cole Slaw if you want!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3574Total Fat: 141gSaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 1524mgSodium: 1295mgProtein: 541g
Weber BBQ Sauces are available at grocery stores nationwide for $3.49 each. Which flavor pictured above do you think sounds best?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Weber Sauces & Seasonings. The opinions and text are all mine.SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.