Headed out camping soon? We’ve put together an amazing collection of Dutch Oven Camping Recipes you’ll need for your next trip. Each of these recipes is family friendly and perfect for your outdoor adventure!
25 Delicious Dutch Oven Camping Recipes Your Family Will Love
This post is sponsored by Boiron. All opinions are mine. #BBQWithoutTheBurn
- 25 Delicious Dutch Oven Camping Recipes Your Family Will Love
- Don’t Forget to Pack Boiron Acidil
- What you Need to Know about Cooking Dutch Oven Camping Recipes
- Delish Dutch Oven Camping Recipes for Your Next Camping Trip
- How About An Acidil Giveaway with 3 Winners?
- If you liked these Dutch Oven Camping Recipes, you’ll like these posts too:
Dutch ovens are one piece of camp cooking equipment any person who goes camping should own. They’re so versatile and useful for cooking both small and large amounts of food for any meal! We love one pot cookout meals for ease of preparation and clean up as well!
Don’t Forget to Pack Boiron Acidil
Don’t let an upset stomach ruin your camping trip. Many of the Dutch oven recipes listed below include ingredients that could cause heartburn, acid indigestion, bloating, and upset stomach. There’s no easier way to ruin outdoor adventures than to eat something that makes you feel bad. Did you know the following foods can sometimes be the culprit for minor stomach issues?
- High acid foods like tomatoes
- Citrus fruits
- Spicy food
- Onions & garlic
- Red wine and other alcohol
Boiron Acidil for Heartburn Relief
- Boiron Acidil is pronounced BOR-ON (like the element) and ASUH-DIL.
- Boiron has been the leader in homeopathic medicine, providing the purest medicines using sustainable practices since 1932.
- Acidil tablets are unflavored and easily dissolve in your mouth – no water or food needed. You can take them before or after a meal. They are for use by adults and children, 12+ years.
- You can buy them at Walgreens, Whole Foods Market, Amazon.com, and more.
- We have been using Boiron products for years and love them. They have long been part of my natural medicine cabinet. And they are must have items on long trips, like our Amtrak Empire Builder adventure.
Make sure to pack Boiron Acidil in your travel first aid kit so you can relieve occasional heartburn and upset stomach symptoms with plant-based active ingredients.
Grab a $2 coupon for Acidil here. Read to the end of the post to find an amazing Dutch Oven Cooking giveaway so you can enjoy BBQ Without the Burn this Summer!
What you Need to Know about Cooking Dutch Oven Camping Recipes
Not only can Dutch ovens make delicious main course meals, but they can even be used to bake things such as bread, cakes or even pies for a delicious treat while taking in the outdoors. Here are some pretty delicious ways to use one with these dutch oven camping recipes.
However – I’m not going to lie – cooking in a Dutch Oven over a campfire is a little intimidating! How do you know what the temperature is? How many coals do you use? How long will it take? What tools do you need? These are all questions I’ve been asking myself as we get ready to go camping. If you’re curious too, this post is for you.
Supplies you’ll need for cooking Dutch Oven Camping Recipes:
As with most things in life, preparation is key. Make sure you have the right supplies before you get started. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Dutch Oven
- Lighter fluid
- Campfire cooking gloves
- Lid Lifter
- Long handled tool to shift the coals around
What to Know about Cooking over a Fire in a Dutch Oven
A few tips will make your Dutch Oven cooking attempts more successful. Here’s what you need to know about cooking with a Dutch Oven:
- Make sure to build enough time in your schedule to do the cooking. You’ll need to prepare the fire about 30 minutes before you want to cook, and most meals seem to take about an hour in the Dutch oven. The coals cook the meal, not the flames so make sure you have a pit for your Dutch Oven. If the campsite fire ring doesn’t have one, make one using rocks.
- Make sure you’ve seasoned your Dutch oven at home before you use it! Cast iron takes a while to season, but once you do, cast iron is amazing. Clean-up is a breeze because the well seasoned cast iron pans are naturally non-stick. To season your cast iron at home, simply coat it with oil and bake it for an hour on a high heat, like 500 degrees. Let it cook, wipe it down, and you’re good to go.
How Many Briquettes to use to Cook your Dutch Oven Recipes
You’ll use briquettes to cook your Dutch Oven recipes. We use a 12″ Dutch Oven, so here is a coal temperature conversion chart. If you’re using a different size Dutch Oven, check out this handy conversion chart for more information.
|325 Degrees||350 Degrees||375 Degrees||400 Degrees||425 Degrees||450 Degrees|
|On the lid||16||17||18||19||20||21|
|Under the oven||7||8||9||10||11||12|
Delish Dutch Oven Camping Recipes for Your Next Camping Trip
Now that you’ve got some tips for cooking successfully with a Dutch Oven, here are 20 delicious recipes for your next camping trip. Including:
- Dutch Oven Main Dish Dinner Recipes
- Dutch Oven Soups & Stew Recipes
- Dutch Oven Pasta Recipes
- Side Dish Dutch Oven Camping Recipes
- Dutch Oven Breakfast Recipes
- Desserts in a Dutch Oven
Now that you’ve picked out your dutch oven camping recipes, make sure to stock up on Boiron Acidil so you feel well enough to eat everything! Buy Acidil on amazon.com or win some from this giveaway! Three people will win fantastic prices to help you enjoy #BBQWithoutTheBurn this year!
How About An Acidil Giveaway with 3 Winners?
Grand Prize (one winner)
- BK Cookware 5.5-quart Dutch Oven in Green
- Island Bamboo Pakkawood 6-Piece Utensil Set
- Dutch Oven Cookbook: 250+ Delicious, Healthy & Mouth-Watering Recipes To Easily Surprise Your Family Every Day | Step-By-Step Guide To More-Than-Easy Dutch Oven Cooking by Marilyn Miller (January 2021)
- Boiron Digestive Line: Acidil, Gasalia, Diaralia
- Value $250+
Runner Up Prizes (two winners)
- Boiron Digestive Prize Pack: Boiron’s top digestive products Acidil, Gasalia, and Diaralia along with Boiron apron, spoon, and basting brush.
- Value: $60
Contest Ends 07/19/21 12am UTC
Click here or on the image above to enter the Giveaway!
If you liked these Dutch Oven Camping Recipes, you’ll like these posts too:
20 Easy and Delicious Camping Dinner Recipes