These cheesy hash brown appetizer bites will be the hit of your next party! Made with Simply Potatoes® shredded hash browns and cheese, and topped with more cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions, these cheesy hash brown bites are like eating a loaded bite sized baked potato but with your fingers! Try this easy recipe for your next dinner party!
Cheesy Hash Brown Appetizer Bites
This cheesy hash brown appetizer recipe is a snap to make, in large part because of Simply Potatoes. Located in the refrigerator (NOT freezer) section at your grocery store, Simply Potatoes are made from real, fresh, and NEVER FROZEN potatoes. They’re convenient and easy to use, because you don’t have to wash, peel, or shred the potatoes yourself. They help make this recipe a breeze!
Let’s make these cheesy hash brown appetizer bites!
First, preheat oven to 425°F oven. Then, combine shredded potatoes, cheese, egg, salt and pepper in medium sized bowl and mix well. Coat mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray and then spoon potato mixture into each muffin cup.
Use your fingers or the back of spoon to press mixture firmly on the bottom and sides of muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven about 22 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Sprinkle additional cheese into each potato nest. Bake 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove the potato nests with a fork.
Now comes the best part. Top your cheesy hash brown appetizer bites with your favorite toppings. You can go wild here! Use more cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions, if desired. Or, use go for a more Mediterranean flavor with feta cheese, peppercini peppers, and oregano! These appetizer bites are best served warm, so eat up shortly after making them.
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons potato mixture into each muffin cup and press mixture firmly on bottom and sides of muffin cups.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese into each potato nest and bake 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream, bacon, more cheese, green onions, jalapenos as desired.
Serving Size:2 mini muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional data is not always correct.
If you liked this appetizer recipe, you’l like these too:
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.