Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is the perfect special occasion or weekend breakfast. With just the right amount of sweet and sticky, my kids absolutely love it, and you will too.
*This post was sponsored by Annie’s Homegrown Organic. All thoughts are mine.*
Ooey Gooey Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
All monkey bread is pretty similar. Start with dough balls of some sort, in this case the Annie’s Homegrown Cinnamon Rolls are the dough balls, and mix with butter, sugar, and whatever other toppings you want.
This caramel apple monkey bread features chunks of apples and easy homemade caramel. Combine that with the cinnamon flavors from the rolls and you get an ooey gooey delicious treat!
I totally used it as a bribe to get my kids to do their chores after school and it worked! My six year old stuck her fork in and tried to eat the whole thing! 😀 Are you ready to make this treat for your family? Let’s get started!
First, gather your ingredients. I found the organic cinnamon rolls at my local HyVee. They’re also sold at Targets and Walmarts and many other grocery stores as well. Head over here to find out where they’re sold near you. I don’t normally buy canned breads, but I’ve never seen Annie’s Organics before either!
I’m pleased that more products are focusing on keeping the junky ingredients out. These cinnamon rolls have no artificial flavors or colors, no preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. Annie’s is also sourcing more fair trade ingredients which is definitely something I can stand behind.
Next you’ll want to mix up raw sugar and cinnamon, and use part of that mix to coat the apple chucks and the rest to coat the dough balls you’ll make from the cinnamon rolls. Melt butter and add more sugar to make a quick caramel sauce.
Combine everything in a prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes! Enjoy!
After the monkey bread has cooled for ten minutes, run a knife around the entire bundt pan (don’t forget the middle…) and invert the treat onto a plate. Finally, drizzle icing over the top. I only used one icing package, but feel free to use the second one too, if you want!
Want more delicious, family friendly breakfast ideas?
Here’s the printable caramel apple monkey bread recipe!
- 2 cans Annie's Organic Cinnamon Rolls, 17.5 ounces
- 1 large apple, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bundt pan.
- Melt butter over medium low heat and add sugar to make the caramel sauce.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Stir apples into 1/4 cup of the mixture and reserve the rest.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in fourths and then roll in sugar mixture.
- Place half the sugared apples in the bottom of the bunt pan. Top with half the sugared cinnamon roll quarters.
- Layer the rest of the apples and the remaining cinnamon rolls.
- Drizzle melted butter and sugar over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then run knife around edges of the pan. Invert pan over heatproof plate and remove pan.
- Drizzle with icing and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 533mg Carbohydrates: 57g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
SimplifyLiveLove is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.